Creativity and Innovation
What stops us being our most creative selves? Understanding how the elements of our personal workflow add to or detract from our creativity is a vital step to knowing how to better our creative processes. In this session we’ll cover the ‘Yes, and’ improvisation technique, effective writing techniques, and how to draw on movement exercises to improve your pitching and presentations capabilities.
Thursday 11th March 2021, 4pm – 5pm, via Zoom.
Creativity and Innovation is the first module in our The Business of Creativity course. Business and creativity in the screen industries go hand in hand. This course consists of four modules that will take you from understanding the creative process in your work, to how to engage others in your pitches. The course runs once a week for four weeks, and you are welcome to attend one or all of the four sessions. The sessions take place on 11th, 15th, 24th and 31st March 2021, via Zoom.
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand your creative flow
- Know how to utilise structures and techniques to create cohesive and impactful pitches
- Know how to develop creative ideas
- Know how to engage and persuade with ‘what’ you say and ‘how’ you say it; developing your communication skills
- Have a broadened knowledge about the importance of developing creativity and critical thinking
- Be able to draw ideas out of others
Leandra Ashton is a RADA trained actress with an expertise in creativity and communication. Leandra has 16 years of experience as a workshop facilitator, freelancing for RADA Business since 2004. She has worked with individuals and groups around the world, including the British Army, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, The UN, Sweaty Betty, Dentsu Aegis, Innocent, Sony, LSE, Stella McCartney and the BBC.