SIGN will provide sector-specific business support within the screen industries in the Yorkshire and Humber region. Liaising with industry professionals, we will identify areas of need and develop ways to provide support to businesses, from start-ups to established indies.
Our objective is to ensure that our world-leading research can be adapted and utilised to strengthen the region, support economic activity and promote growth.
Activities will include:
- The establishment of a £1.3m city-centre innovation hub
- Bespoke consultancy opportunities
- The development of appropriate mechanisms for stimulating innovation, managing risk and strategising for economic growth
- The creation of online tools, resources and information-sharing through this website, for freelancers, start-ups, indies and other micro businesses and SMEs
- Support for management and leadership development
The business support workstream is led by the University of York and includes a £400k business development fund.
Inclusive Teams Training is a free online course helping screen industries businesses based in Yorkshire and the Humber reflect on...
The Remote Control scheme has now closed for applicants Supercharge your knowledge and use of Virtual Production (VP) through our...