Skills & training
SIGN will provide a comprehensive range of training and development schemes, designed to create a larger, more diverse, more creative and more entrepreneurial screen industry workforce. Our training experts will facilitate and enhance the industry’s talent by ensuring relevance, enabling upskilling and tailoring offers to pressing needs.
Activities will include:
- Online and face-to-face opportunities, from workshops and mentoring programmes to webinars, immersive experiences and beyond
- Developing technical, creative and professional training programmes to generate new skills amongst the region’s workforce
- Identifying and attending to current and future skills gaps
- Talent development, and management and leadership training, including bespoke consultancy programmes
- Skills acquisition, including career development workshops and internships.
This workstream is led by the University of York and includes a £400k training fund.
SIGN bursaries are financial awards to support those who face challenges getting into and getting on in the screen industries...
SIGN Up is a mentoring scheme from the Screen Industries Growth Network
Free short courses to help you adapt and grow through challenging times
Early Career Support is a free, comprehensive, six month training and mentoring scheme for people wishing to develop a career...