Skills & training
SIGN provides a comprehensive range of training and development schemes, designed to create a larger, more diverse, more creative and more entrepreneurial screen industry workforce. Our training experts facilitate and enhance the industry’s talent by ensuring relevance, enabling upskilling and tailoring offers to pressing needs.
- Online and face-to-face opportunities, from workshops and mentoring programmes to webinars, immersive experiences and beyond
- Developing technical, creative and professional training programmes to generate new skills amongst the region’s workforce
- Identifying and attending to current and future skills gaps
- Talent development, and management and leadership training, including bespoke consultancy programmes
- Skills acquisition, including career development workshops and internships.
This workstream is led by the University of York and includes a £400k training fund.
SIGN click and learn online courses provide learners with key skills and knowledge to progress their careers in the screen...
Uncover your route into the film, TV or gaming industries
Play Your Way Into Production is a game funded by SIGN and developed in collaboration with One to One Development...
The SIGN Innovative Training Courses address skills shortages in the screen industries and the lack of a diverse trainer pool...
Free short courses to help you adapt and grow through challenging times
Inclusive Teams Training has now closed for applicants Inclusive Teams Training is a free online course helping screen industries businesses...
Fundamentals of Virtual Production has now closed for applicants Are you starting out in your screen industries career and looking...
SIGN Bursaries has now closed for applicants SIGN bursaries are financial awards to support those who face challenges getting into...
The Early Career Support scheme has now closed for applicants. Early Career Support is a free, comprehensive, six month training...
SIGN Up is a mentoring scheme from the Screen Industries Growth Network