Exploring Immersive Stories Masterclass
Creativity Lab in the Library, University of York, University Rd, Heslington, YO10 5DD
Come and explore immersive stories with us!
This session is intended for those who are new to immersive experiences and storytelling using immersive technologies.
In this session, we will:
- Consider what “immersive stories” are
- Explore different formats for telling compelling immersive stories
- Look at some of the theories that underpin “good” immersive storytelling
- Begin to generate ideas for designing effective immersive stories
- Learn techniques for designing better immersive stories for different audiences
No coding knowledge is required. In this hands-on session you will play with different types of immersive technologies to understand storytelling in new, exciting media formats.
You’ll learn how to develop your own storytelling by incorporating a variety of multimedia and multiformat approaches, and how to tailor these designs for your intended audience and create empathetic and meaningful immersive stories.
Light refreshments will be provided on arrival and at mid afternoon break. A light buffet lunch will also be provided to delegates. Please let us know of any dietary requirements.
This event is free of charge.