Introduction to Motion Capture Masterclass
Creativity Lab in the Library, University of York, University Rd, Heslington, YO10 5DD
This motion capture masterclass in the Creativity Lab will provide an in-depth breakdown of motion capture technology and give participants the opportunity to use this technology under the guidance of industry experts. Throughout the session, you will have the opportunity to ask questions specific to your own creative projects.
You will learn:
- How to choose a performance capture technology based on the needs of a project
- How to set-up and calibrate a motion-capture suit
- How to capture a performance using a motion-capture suit
- How to post-process the performance i.e. in a game engine like Unreal
- Joe Rees-Jones, Creative Technologist, XR Stories
- David Gochfeld, Research Fellow, XR Stories
Who’s it for?
Staff and students at the University of York, and Yorkshire and the Humber based SMEs.
Please note: spaces are limited.
Refreshments will be available however we recommend delegates have lunch before the session