Supporting Trans Professionals in the Screen Industries
In person & Online
Training for Producers and Production Companies
Aimed at decision makers in the screen industries, this free course offers guidance and support for production companies and producers looking to become more inclusive in the way they work with the trans community. Through this course, you’ll learn how to support the trans people in your teams and actively ensure your workplace and policies are trans inclusive.
The course dates are now:
TRAINING ONE (FULL)
- In person training day – Monday 20 February (Fremantle, London)
- 1 hour online check in session with buddy – Monday 6 March
- 2 hour online session – Monday 20 March
TRAINING TWO (recently added!)
- In person training day – Tuesday 21 February 10am – 4:30pm (Location TBC, central London)
- 1 hour online check in session with buddy – Tuesday 7 March
- 2 hour online training session – Tuesday 21 March, 9am – 11:00am
Although the deadline for submission has passed, if you would like to be added to the waitlist, please contact [email protected].
The sessions will be built around participants actively engaging with the learning by creating action plans for their own work and reflecting on their practice, in order to then take their learning into their own teams and workplaces.
Over the course, participants will:
- Gain a broader understanding of gender identity
- Gain an understanding of the issues faced by those who are trans, non-binary or gender non-conforming within the screen industries
- Gain tips and best practice guidance for ensuring their teams are or workplace is trans inclusive
- Leave the course with confidence to share learning and change and challenge behaviour
- Build peer networks to continue learning outside of the course
To apply, you must be:
- Currently working for or with a UK production company, ideally at decision making or management level
- A producer working in the screen industries
- Download the guidance document for more information on the course and what will be expected of participants.
- Fill out an application form (this should take about 10 minutes to complete).
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday 13 January 2023.
For more information, or to ask any questions about this course, contact: [email protected]