Early Career Support
Early Career Support is a free, comprehensive, six month training and mentoring scheme for people wishing to develop a career in the TV and film industries. The course will empower individuals with the tools to develop their confidence, careers and professional networks in the sector.
Starting in October 2021, the scheme will include scheduled training (monthly), assignment to a mentor and access to SIGN events and webinars.
SIGN will work with the participants to identify training opportunities which could include:
- Understanding the sector
- Building your social capital
- Understanding the value of your transferable skills
- Innovation and enterprise
- Tackling imposter syndrome
Who is the scheme for?
The scheme is designed to support graduates from the Yorkshire and Humber region who struggling to break into the TV and film industries, or who are in the industries already but who are not at the level they want to reach.
We welcome applications from graduates in the region who are currently underrepresented in the screen industries. This includes:
- Disabled people
- People from diverse ethnic backgrounds
- People from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds
- People who are LGBTQ+
- People over the age of 35 and entering the sector for the first time or returning after a period of absence.
We also encourage applications from graduates in the region who come from a widening participation background such as those who are:
- Care experienced
- Estranged from family networks
- The first in their immediate family to go to university
- From areas in the region where progression to higher education is less than the national average.
This project aims to address some of the diversity challenges facing the creative industries by developing a prospective talent pipeline for businesses in the region.
The scheme is fully funded by SIGN and free for successful applicants to attend.
To find out more about the scheme, please download the guidance document.
The application deadline closed on Friday, 3 September 2021, at midnight.
For more information, please email [email protected]